Monday, November 24, 2008

chocolatown, usa.

I really wish I could just go to bed and wake up 2 weeks from now when I have gotten a paycheck from all my recent hard work and my phone is turned back on and I can at least afford some ramen noodles. It is humbling to say the least. I spent my last bit of change yesterday morning that I had to shake out from my bobble-head moose bank. I am ready to be done with this lifestyle. It's easy to get down when you can't afford even one meal, but somehow, I am happy! I really love my new job at the chocolate shop. It is full time and hopefully permanent. Also, I finished the window displays for the flower shop. I'll have to get pictures up soon.

Here are a couple of my favorite truffles that we make at the Cocoa Tree:




And here are a couple that I'm excited to try:




If you live in Nashville, you'll have to stop by and try something. At least sample the Mayan hot chocolate. It's really thick, and made with smoked chile peppers!

In other news, I've been knitting again. I am working on an olive green ribbed scarf for my friend, Joe. After that, I plan on making some of those cowl neck warmers. Ooh, also, I made some yarn plum ornaments for the flower shop, and they are going to be for sale! Another thing I need to get a picture of.

I just saw some pictures that Emily uploaded. Jack is so photogenic:



And here is a jumper that I had knit (originally for Olivia) for Ava, but never got around to putting straps on. I left it for Emily when I moved, and she got some ribbons and buttons and finally put it on Ava yesterday! Hooray!



Back to knitting.

No comments: