Saturday, November 1, 2008

all dressed in khakis.

I have never not dressed up for halloween. When Joel, Neal and I were younger, I remember the first time our parents allowed us to go trick-or-treating. Of course it was only to the 3 neighbor's houses that we knew. Apparently they were the only ones that wouldn't give us razor blades in apples. We pulled something together last minute and I believe we were all mummies. Toilet paper mummies. We weren't big on candy, so the thrill was just dressing up and getting out with all the other kids. I think the next year I was a clown... then Jasmine. My mom always made my costumes. Gosh, I wish we had taken pictures back then. I do remember that my mom made me wear a t-shirt underneath my Jasmine costume. I didn't protest back then. You're welcome, mom. At the end of highschool I started realizing that halloween is a good excuse to wear something sleezy and get away with it. Yes, I was that girl. I proudly wore a swiss alps costume for all kinds of attention that I know now isn't the kind I ever wanted. Fast forward to yesterday. My good friend Jessica Valle is in town from Seattle to visit, and we didn't have a clue what to dress up as, so we didn't. And I'm glad we didn't, because everyone looked like idiots last night. The girls I saw out last night make me terrified to have a daughter. And even if we had come up with something amazing (I had wanted to be the creepy twins from the shining, but we ran out of time and resources), we wouldn't have compared to the Old Greg costume I saw last night. I mean this guy... it was uncanny. Old Greg is a character from a show called the Mighty Boosh which I first saw in London a couple years ago. It is definitely something you should check out. The recent seasons have gotten a bit dark. Funny as hell, just dark. They introduced a character called Old Greg, who is this bazaar sea man/woman who drinks Bailey's and does water color paintings.



I am excited about today. My good friend Keegan has been in Europe for two weeks, and he's finally coming home today. Also, my friends Rhett, Brian and Chris are in a band called Barcelona, and they are here for a few days for a stop on their tour. And with Jessica here, it's just an all-around feel good time.

I had a dream last night that I was on my way to work in Leiper's Fork, which is about 45 minutes south of Nashville. Every day is a really beautiful drive, so I don't mind the length of time it takes. I never have to get on the interstate or get stuck in traffic, and I get to see tons of horses, donkeys and llamas every day. Anyway, I dreamt that on my way to work, I saw a couple kids getting out of a van that had pulled over. They started to line up against one of the farm fences, and I realized it was the Duggars! I pulled over and took a picture with them with my phone, and I immediately tried to send it to my sisters Emily and Sarah, but I didn't have service. This is my life. I seriously hate T-Mobile in Nashville.

3 comments:

Sarah Taylor said...

You would not tease me with something like this, would you? I do not believe it. If it is true, then I am the most jealous person ON EARTH. I want to be in that family. The other day, my mom dressed Olivia up in a denim jumper because it's all she had on hand in her emergency stash of clothes. She looked just like a Dugger and Joel and I couldn't have been more proud. I'll send you a picture.

Sarah Taylor said...

Now I feel lame because I re-read it and you said it was just a dream. I got all worked up for nothing.

Unknown said...

Can't believe you saw an Old Gregg costume!