Thursday, November 13, 2008

back at it.

I have finally started knitting again. With all the moving hooplah, I never found the solitude or the motivation to sit down to some good knitting. With the money I made from a haircut, I decided to check out the yarn stores here. There are three. In the whole city, and they are all a bit of a drive. This town needs more yarn stores. I went to a place called Angel Hair Yarn, and wasn't impressed. There just wasn't much to choose from, but it was so important to me that I get something and get to knitting that I picked up a mediocre grey wool. I just got started making a cowl, and can't wait to get some paychecks coming in so I can buy better yarn, and tons of it.

My favorite new seller on etsy right now: Yokoo.

The temp agency contacted me and said they have a position over at the Journeys (shoes) call center until Christmas. Awesome. The hours will be Sunday through Thursday, 12pm-9pm. That will be nice, and it seems like an easy job. Also, tonight I stopped in at the Starbucks where my friends Stephanie and Renee work. The assistant manager was working and mentioned that they would be hiring. I had heard that they were fully staffed through the holidays. Maybe he thought I was funny. Maybe he's looking to fire one of my friends. We'll see :) The benefits would be nice. I have got to go to the eye doctor.

I have the best roommates in the entire world. They look out for me, and I really enjoy coming home every day. I am very lucky. That's all.

Okay, back to knitting. I'll leave you with an old favorite video:

1 comment:

katie henbest said...

i really wish you'd come here and cut my hair. i cut it off. i know, dumb? probably.

i'm glad you found a job! and i'm glad you are back to knitting. i will have to send you a picture of my neice wearing your hair pin! hurry up and put more things on etsy so i can buy them.

video made my day.
happy Friday!