Monday, February 2, 2009

crotch-plowed by the boss.

I am happily over the homesick hump. Remember when I said that I was right on target with being homesick about 2-3 months into the move? Well after making detailed plans to come home in April, things started changing. I realized that I am making good relationships here, and have started to really love sweet tea. Now I am consumed with what my future will look like here... and that really depends on the job I find here. I have been looking and looking, and making do with what I can find. Babysitting, mostly. I recently found out that Blood:Water Mission is hiring an Administrative Assistant. BWM is a very cool organization that basically exists to promote clean water in Africa, and to reduce the impact of AIDS/HIV there. It was started and still run by Jars of Clay. The job description is exactly what I've been looking for, and it is a VERY special bonus that it is such a wonderful company. I applied this morning, and I know I have people praying that I land this job. I have been pacing the kitchen.

www.bloodwatermission.com




Yesterday was the Superbowl. I have never cared about football, or even the commercials during the game. Yesterday I was with a bunch of people who didn't care about the game either, but really wanted to watch Bruce Springsteen at half-time. I watched, and I'm glad I did.

...because this happened.

1 comment:

katie henbest said...

Nathan Walker called it the crotch.gate.