Sunday, January 11, 2009

today is mine and i am his.

I have been in Nashville for 101 days. I am sitting in my usual spot in Bongo Java drinking the cheapest coffee concoction I could come up with. I am itching from bed bug bites and tugging at my favorite v-neck that has newly-chewed mouse holes around the edge. I have Craigslist minimized with the sparse listing of jobs available in Franklin Tennessee, where I am relocating to live with a friend's parents who will let me stay in an empty room for free for a little while. I lost another job. I was laid off at the Cocoa Tree, because they could no longer afford to keep me on staff. I am losing heart.

...and I am happy. In the past two weeks, I have found a new motivation to power through here. During Christmas, I had decided to definitely move home. Then I met some really incredible people that encouraged me to be intentional about my time here. I was just trying to be comfortable... to move home because it is safe and it's what I know. I will move back to Seattle sometime, I just am not sure when. I want to make sure that I am not making any decision without being prayerful first.

Please pray for me. I feel like I can not get my head out of the water financially. I am having a great time here, but I need to be in a better situation. I need peace and clarity. I have a lot of decisions to make, and I'd like to be able to make them without anxiety.

Meet Sebastian Dinosaur Huckabee... but we call him "Seabass". He is Victor's new puppy.


3 comments:

ashlea. said...

you know I got you covered. love you to death. matthew 6:25-33

Kate McDonald said...

hey i mentioned to my sis-in-law that you might be interested in the nanny position should she be leaving in a few weeks and she was ECSTATIC b/c she'd been praying for a connection to someone who'd be interested in taking over... who knows? maybe its a God thing.

praying for you

Kev&Rob said...

You're in my prayers. And another thing I love when trying to hear God speak to my life (His whispers are so soft, it's hard for me to hear them) I sometimes click over to biblegateway.com and type in some QUICK SEARCH words; I usually click THE MESSAGE cuz the wording is more like we talk. There is often some wonderful treasure that speaks to my life and the decisions I'm trying to make.